Most types of mould release spores and vapour into the air, causing a variety of respiratory illnesses and other health concerns. Infants, children or people with compromised immune systems may be especially susceptible to the detrimental effects caused by mould. It is crucial to have specially trained remediation professionals address mould growth to ensure the contaminant is removed safely and that your property is safeguarded for the future.
Putting the Health and Safety of Our Clients and Team Members First
For each project we take on, the protection of our clients, community and team is our top priority. Our on-site teams work closely alongside our roster of project management and estimating teams, along with our health and safety professionals, in order to ensure any and all hazards are dealt with or removed in the safest way possible.
What is the Mould Remediation Process?
Mould remediation is the process of removing and cleaning up mould growth in indoor environments.
This operation involves several steps, including the following:
- Identification: The first step in mould remediation is to identify the source of the mould. This can be completed through visual inspection, moisture readings, or air quality testing. Once the source of the mould is identified, it needs to be addressed before any remediation work can begin. This also provides some preventative measures to ensure the mould does not return once removed.
- Containment: To prevent the spread of mould spores to other areas of the building, the affected area needs to be contained. This is done by sealing the area with polyethylene sheeting and using negative air pressure machines to prevent mould spores from contaminating other areas.
- Removal: The next step is to remove any materials that have been affected by mould. This tends to be a delicate process to ensure that spores or debris with mould do not contaminate other areas. Any materials that cannot be cleaned or restored, such as drywall, carpeting, and insulation, will be removed and properly disposed of.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting: The area is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after the affected materials have been removed. Biocide cleaning solutions are also utilized to kill spores and prevent future growth.
- Drying: Once the area is cleaned and disinfected, it must be thoroughly dried to prevent any remaining moisture from causing further mould growth.
Our professional mould remediation services can help ensure that the job is done correctly and safely and can give peace of mind that any indoor environment is healthy and mould-free.
Do You Need to Hire a Mould Remediation Company?
Since exposure to mould can be linked to several health concerns, it’s best if professionals like our team at Inflector handle any remediation services. Mould can extend beyond what you can see, so even if the problem seems minor, it could be worse than expected. As a result, the job may be more complex, meaning hiring a team of professionals is the best and safest way to manage this potentially hazardous process.
Our team has the specialized equipment and knowledge of proper cleaning and disinfection procedures. To guarantee a clean and healthy environment for our clients, we exercise caution every step of the way, from containing the problem during the eradication process to conducting thorough testing once the remediation services have been completed.
Why is Mould Remediation Important for a Commercial Space?
Mould remediation is important for a commercial space for several reasons. First and foremost, mould growth can be hazardous to the health of employees, customers, and visitors. Mould exposure can cause respiratory problems, allergies, and other health issues. Businesses are responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy environment for those who work and visit their premises, so hiring a commercial mould remediation company to handle potential mould presence is incredibly necessary.
In addition, mould growth can cause significant damage to the structural components of a building. Mould can weaken the structural integrity of building materials, such as drywall and wood, and can cause damage to furniture, equipment, and inventory.
By addressing mould growth in an area with commercial mould remediation services, a business can ensure that its indoor environment is free of health concerns and protect the structural integrity of the building and its contents. Commercial mould removal can also help prevent future growth by identifying and addressing the source of moisture that led to mould growth in the first place.
You Can Trust in Our Process
Inflector has completed mould remediation services within many structures including homes, multi-unit residential developments, commercial, institutional, industrial, healthcare and government buildings. Our depth of expertise allows us to complete each project quickly and with minimal disruption, so our clients can breathe easier.
Trusted Expertise and Dedication
Our crews are led by seasoned professionals with decades of experience managing and executing intricate remediation projects. We are steered by a Board of Directors composed of industry experts, whose guidance promotes the growth of our team.
Nothing is Left to Chance
Working with Inflector means having the assurance that our team will not only tend to hazardous materials, like mould, found on your property, but also anticipate, assess, control and eliminate any further risks imposed by the hazards at hand.
Reach Out to One of Our Offices Across Canada Today.